Ipswich Walking Routes
Explore different walking routes around Ipswich and discover the benefits of taking regular walks.
Google Maps is a really useful tool that can help you design a walking route. It makes designing a route from start to finish very simple.
Click on each of the routes below to reveal more information:
What are the benefits of taking regular walks?
We’re advised to walk 10,000 steps per day, and a lot of us who are sat at their desks and drive to work barely cover 5000.
So just walking to work, or part of the way there if you’re unable to do the full journey, will increase your daily recommended steps and improve your fitness.
Or you could even try and get a walking group together in your workplace. Either before work or during a lunch break.
A 20 minute brisk walk will give you time away from your desk and help to get you re-energised for the afternoon.
The benefits of walking include:
- It promotes heart health. Walk has tremendous benefits for the heart, as well as lowering blood pressure, regulating blood sugar and lowering cholestero
- lIt improves brain function. Walking improves concentration, attention span and focusIt can ease depression Endorphins are released when walking
- It improves bone health. Weight bearing exercises (such as walking) are brilliant for the body, and are one of the ways to improve bone health
- It burns calories. A 10 minute brisk walk can burn 50 calories!
- It helps you breathe easier. Regular walking increases lung capacity which makes it easier to breatheIt can increase mindfulness Walking helps with awareness and to clear the mind
- It can improve balance. Our foot and legs strengthen while walking, and this makes up the foundation of improvement of our balance
Let us know how you get on
We want to know your thoughts on our walking routes, so send us some photos whilst on the walk and we’ll be sure to display them on our Twitter page.
Send us your photos by:
tweeting us @SuffLocalLinks